100% ORGANIC, INDIA ORGANIC, USDA CERTIFIED
- Organic Jaggery Powder is produced from sugarcane cultivated in organic farms at the foothills of Himalayas without application of chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Processing is done without using any toxic and harsh chemicals used to clarify cane sugar.
- It is derived from the process of evaporation of raw sugarcane juice without separating the molasses from the crystals.
- It is known as “gur shakkar” in India.
- It is characterised with a soft texture. Colour of Organic Jaggery powder varies from yellow to dark brown.
- Unlike refined sugar coming from chemical processing, Jaggery powder retains trace minerals and vitamins, and hence is a healthy and nutrient rich sweetener.
- It is often used in place of sugar for sweetening the beverages in rural India.
- Most traditional Indian sweets are baked with the addition of Jaggery powder